Jeremy Patrick McKay
5935 Chandler Drive
San Diego, CA 92117
Cell (619) 708-1990
Over 10 years web development experience
- Shindig Social Media Dashboard
- Cassandra Database
- Jmeter Functional and Load Testing
- Use Astynax client library for accessing and updating Cassandra
- JQuery and Node.js development and prototyping of dashboard widgets for Shindig
- MySQL – Table design, complex queries
- Oracle – Basic queries
- Used HTML::Mason for maintaining and expanding ecommerce applications.
- Developed web services using Perl Catalyst Framework.
- Migrated HTML::Mason code to Perl Dancer and Template::Toolkit.
- Some experience with Moose - A postmodern object system for Perl 5.
- Developed automated web testing using WWW::Mechanize.
- Used Perl for data mining, web mining and data munging.
- Developed Firefox add-ons, using Ajax and xml
Ntrepid Corporation (March 2012 to April 2013)
· Use Astynax client library for accessing and updating Cassandra
· Development and prototyping of Dashboards using Node.js, JQuery, JSON, and Apache Shindig
· Developed Load and Functional test using Apache Jmeter
Anonymizer, Inc. (March 2010 to March 2012)
March 2010 to present
· Maintained and expanded web applications using HTML::Mason
· Developed web services using Perl Catalyst and Dancer frameworks
· Wrote deployment and simple build scripts for Plone Content Management system
· Developed automated web testing using WWW::Mechanize
· Upgraded debian systems from etch , to lenny , to squeeze, required porting of latest CPAN packages to debian
· Added Ajax validation script for quickly validating usernames and passwords
· Work with and developed SQL for complex ecommerce MySQL database
Consultant, Decorus(September 2009 to March 2010)
Perl Programmer Contracor at Anonymizer
September 2009 to March 2010
· Development of add-ons for Firefox
· Building web services with Perl Catalyst Framework
· Maintenance and development of Perl Modules for ecommerce
· Utilize Mason for maintenance and development of consumer web site
Consultant, Consultnet (October 2008 to September 2009)
Invitrogen Senior Data Analyst
· Parsed, validated and imported records from Pub Med in to Siebel CRM
· Created a Perl script to download and parse data from membership databases on the Internet.
· Created and used reports from EDL
· Used Macromedia Flash to build Sales Workflow applications prototype
· Used Flex to build a Dashboard prototype
· Linux and Free BSD system administration and installation
WordSmart (October 2002 to September 2008)
· Manage Touchstar Dialer and MSSQL databases
· Maintained Dial table of over 2 million records and ensured compliance with Do Not Call List
· Used Macromedia Flash to build rich internet applications and educational programs
· Programming with Flash Action Script, Perl, PHP, and MYSQL
· Developed intranet suite of vocabulary improvement software for educational facilities
· Linux and Free BSD system administration and installation
· PHP and MYSQL installations on MAC OS X, PC’s and Linux
Coleman College, San Diego, CA (October 1997 to 2007)
· Designed and teach introduction classes in Perl, UNIX, and UNIX SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION to groups of 15 to 20 working professionals.
· Taught introductions classes in Computer Programming Concepts and C/C++ programming to groups of 10 to 20 adults
· Created UNIX Administration curriculum added free Linux Slackware systems and required students to install the systems, add users, configure sendmail, and network their systems using TCP/IP
· Supervised student’s participation in UNIX labs utilizing Telnet client, LINUX, AIX systems, and Visual C++.
McKenzie Management (July 2002 to October 2002)
Computer Go To Guy
· Web development system administration
· Set up windows network
· Technical Support for Macintosh OS 9 and Windows
http://www.jeremymckay.com (July 2001 to Present)
· Joomla CMS, Gallery, PHPBB, and Wordpress
· MySQL, PHP Developer and trainer
· Perl and Unix Trainer
Encore Development/Xerago, LLC (March 2000 to July 2001)
Senior Technical Consultant and Trainer
· Provided technical consulting services to fortune 1000 Clients for installing and implementing Interwoven’s enterprise class content management tool -- TeamSite
· Taught Interwoven Technical Consultants and Partners worldwide classes that included the basics of XML, System Administration, and Perl
· Facilitated two day programming classes in Perl to experienced programmers
· Taught introduction classes XML to coders at all skill levels
· Designed and gave chalk talks on Interwoven’s templating and web-based workflow solutions
California School of Professional Psychology (January 1999 to March 2000)
· Maintenance and creation of web based student email service on Linux Slackware server (http://student.cspp.edu) for over 6000 students and alumni.
· Upgraded from AIX Netscape Fasttrack Web Server to GNU Apache 1.3.6 web servers
· Created web based online surveys to aid student collection of research data (http://www.cspp.edu/ais)
· Assisted in the implementation web based distance learning software (CourseInfo software) on Slackware Linux Server.
· Created Multi-tier applications using Perl to parse data received from forms on a web page and insert the data into internal Informix database server using Perl DBI and ISQL.
MC Direct, Inc., Poway, CA (November 1996 to December 1998)
· Used UNIX and proprietary mailing software to sort and parse files with over 700,000 records for legal mailings throughout the world.
· Developed UNIX Shell, C, and PERL programs to automate daily, monthly and quarterly dB updates.
· Developed proprietary PERL and C CGI scripts to interface ASCII flat files with HTML pages on company Intranet and Client Internet interfaces.
· Designed and implemented C programs to read data, parsed fields, and use the data calculate information for filling in offers, loan amounts, dollars owed, last year’s pledge, etc., in direct mail campaigns.
Guardsmark, Inc., San Diego, CA (November 1994 to November 1996)
· Controlled access to and from building
· Monitored closed circuit Television
· Maintained security database and updated programming for electronic access panels
Primerica, San Diego, CA (April 1994 to November 1994)
· Conducted sales presentations for life insurance and mutual funds
· Compliance with state and federal regulations in regards to above sales
· Maintenance of client database
U.S. Navy (June 1974 to June 1994)
Signalman Chief (E-7)
· Lead facilitator/instructor of leadership and management training courses, which included teaching the skills and tools necessary for effective goal setting, and problem solving
· Supervised a three-person team of instructors in the implementation and instruction of a three-day introduction course on total quality management.
Coleman College, La Mesa, CA
Master of Science Information Technology, Summa cum Laude December 16, 2005
Bachelor of Science Computer Information Science, August 30, 1997
Certificate in Computer Information Science, October 12, 1996